- Only fully paid up members are eligible to enter club competitions.
- The competition year is deemed to run from September to June inclusive
- Members can enter a maximum of 3 images per competition. The committee reserve the right to change the number of entries allowed for each competition
- Maximum mount size of 40cm x 50 cm (MCPF Standard) The Image size and placement within the mount is at the authors discretion.
- All print entries to be handed to the competition secretary at least 3 days prior to the competition or as otherwise specified by the secretary or committee. ( If you are unable to get your Prints to the competition secretary by the closing date you must supply the titles of your images via email and bring them along on the evening. Images on the evening will not be accepted after 19:15 hours or if the titles have not been submitted by the official closing time. Titles submitted constitute entry into the competition and an entry fee will be charged even in the event of the Print not arriving prior to the 19:15 hour cut off.) Digital entries are required 3 days prior – due to the preparation time required.
- There will be an entry fee of 0.50p per image (Print & PDI)
- Prints must have a title and members name clearly written on the back of the image in the top left hand corner. Images will be displayed with the title at the required position.
- Points will be awarded out of 20 to each image. A members best 2 scores will count toward the season league table.
- Once an image has been used in a monthly competition, Print or PDI, it cannot be used in any other monthly club competition.
- Images used in any previous year’s club monthly competitions cannot be reused in either the same or a different format in any other club monthly competition.
- Digital competition images (PDI) must be in jpeg format. Images must be in sRGB colour space. Images should be no larger than 1400px wide and 1050px high with one dimension (width or height) at its maximum. PPI is not specific but 72ppi is optimum.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into with regards to the result.
- Copyright of all images making up an entry must rest with the entrant, images containing ‘clip art’ or stock photos are not permitted except in an audio-visual competition.
- The committee reserves the right to withdraw an entry to a competition or ask a judge to only comment on an entry, if they believe it to be: (a) outside the scope of a themed competition. (b) Offensive in a sexual nature, (c) Depicting images of an explicitly or inappropriate kind, (d) Not the entrants original work, (e) oversize mount (see 5).
Amendments to these rules can be made for a particular competition should the committee believe it necessary or desirable. These amendments will be advertised at least 14 days prior to a competition
NOTE: Entries for external competitions may have specific clauses in the rules for entry which are different to the above and these will obviously take precedence.
NOTE: Photographs depicting the work of other artists (i.e. Street art, Sculptures) will be only be allowed if they are an inclusive part of the authors own work. Many Judges are now not marking photographs depicting other artists work.