As most of our members now concentrate on producing digital images unless otherwise stated all competitions are for Projected Digital Images (PDI).
- Only paid up members are eligible to enter club competitions.
- The competition year is deemed to run from October to June inclusive.
- Members can enter a maximum of 6 images per competition. The committee reserve the right to change the number of entries allowed for each section.
- Where relevant the maximum mount size of 40cm x 50cm (MCPF Standard). The Image size and placement within the mount is at the authors discretion.
- All print entries (where relevant) are to be handed to the competitions secretary, or advise of the image titles, at least 3 days prior to the competition, or as otherwise specified by the competitions secretary or committee. Digital entries are required 3 days prior – due to the additional preparation time required.
- Prints must have a title and the members name clearly written on the back of the image in the top left hand corner.
- Points will be awarded out of 20 to each image. A member’s best only score will count toward the season league table.
- Once an image, or similar, has been used in a monthly competition, it cannot be used in any other monthly club competition.
- Digital competition images (PDI) must be in jpeg format. Images must be in sRGB colour space. Images should be no larger than 1400px wide and 1050px high with one dimension (width or height) at its maximum. PPI is not specific but 72ppi is optimum.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into with regards to the result.
- Copyright of all images making up an entry must rest with the entrant, images containing ‘clip art’ or stock photos are not permitted except in an audio-visual competition.
- The committee reserves the right to withdraw an entry to a competition or ask a judge to only comment on an entry, if they believe it to be: (a) in contravention of rule 9, (b) outside the scope of a themed competition. (c) Offensive in a sexual nature, (d) Depicting images of an explicitly or inappropriate kind, (e) Not the entrants original work, (f) oversize mount (see 4).
Amendments to these rules can be made for a particular competition should the committee believe it necessary or desirable. These amendments will be advertised at least 14 days prior to a competition.
NOTE: Entries for external competitions may have specific clauses in the rules for entry which are different to the above and these will obviously take precedence.
1 September 2021